Wednesday, 03 June 2009 15:56
|How to add and use the Google Analytics service for Joomla|
|Sign Up for Google Analytics #1|
|Sign Up for Google Analytics #2|
|Installation of Google Analytics Bridge 2009|
The Google offers a free statistics service for your Website(s), which is called Google Analytics. In order to use it, you have to create an account at Google and then sign up for the Google Analytics service. Some of the features of this service are:
- Free and easy to use for everyone.
- Offers advanced information about the traffic of your Website.
- Possibility of user-defined custom reports.
- Integrated with the Google advertising service AdWords.
- Tracking of all your online campaigns.
- Safe. All information is protected from non-authorized people.
- Integrity and protection of all data.
- It is part of a larger Google product suite.
- It offers support and professional services.
1. Sign up for a Google Account
The first thing you should do before you can use the Google Analytics service, is to create an account at Google. Therefore go to the Web page of Google Analytics.
- On the right side of the page click on "Sign Up Now".
- Then you can see the Web page for a new account creation.
- Here enter a valid email address.
- Here enter a password for your account (2 times for verification).
- Here enter the characters you see above in the "Captcha" picture.
- After you complete the above procedure you will receive an email with information about the activation of your Google account. This email will contain a link on which you have to click, in order to activate your account.
- After clicking the activation link, a browser window will open and you will be notified about the Google account activation.