Monday, 27 July 2009 00:39
|How to create an RSS Feed for Joomla|
|Create a section and category for your feed|
|Obtain the URL of your RSS Feed|
|Submit your Joomla Feed to FeedBurner|
|Configure FeedBurner and get your own chicklet|
Page 5 of 5
5. Configure FeedBurner and Get your Own Chicklet
Now let's see some basic configuration settings for FeedBurner as well as how to get your own Feed icon(s), which is called "chicklet" here.
- In order to let FeedBurner automatically track Stats for your Feed check these options:
- Clickthroughs (how often people click items back to your site)
- Have FeedBurner Stats also track: Individual item views and resyndication as well as Reach.
Then click on "Next" to continue to the next screen.
- On the next screen you can see various tabs with many options. Go and click on the "Publicize" tab.
- On the left hand side you see many options; click on "Chicklet Chooser".
- Next you are presented with a list of several icons, which are called chicklets; if you choose one of the first 2 chicklets, your site visitors may choose one RSS feed-reader (or Aggregator) of their choice, in order to subscribe to your feed. There also other chicklets that let your visitors subscribe directly to a specific RSS feed-reader.
- After you select your preferred chicklet, scroll down to the bottom of the page and copy the HTML code, that FeedBurner created for you there. Now the only thing you have to do is go back to your Joomla administration back-end and create a custom HTML module pasting the chicklet HTML code from FeedBurner into it.
- Now the only thing you have to do is go back to your Joomla administration back-end and create a custom HTML module pasting the chicklet HTML code from FeedBurner into it. Then publish this module to a template position of your choice and take a look at the result. Now your site visitors will be able to subscribe to your RSS Feed easily through FeedBurner!
We have 81 guests online