Wednesday, 08 July 2009 23:38
The test system was based on Windows Vista 32/64 bit, but the whole process won't be much different on a system based on Linux or MacOS. You can watch the first part of this Video Tutorial here in English or in Greek.
1. Second Part (of 2)
In this second part of the Video Tutorial for Joomla I will show moreover how to configure XAMPP as well as how to create a MySQL-database for Joomla with the help of the administration tool for MySQL called phpMyAdmin. On top of that I will show you where you need to create a folder on your local hard disk and which files you should copy there. In the end you will learn the whole installation procedure for Joomla with all appropriate settings.
2. Useful Links
Some useful links, that you will probably need, include:
- XAMPP for Windows
- phpMyAdmin administration tool for MySQL
- Official documentation for Joomla
- Official installation manual for Joomla
- File archiving program (compression/extraction) WinZip
- File archiving program (compression/extraction) WinRAR
- Free file archiving program (compression/extraction) 7-Zip